Several of our products contain xylitol, a naturally occurring sweetener and sugar substitute. Though our products are not recommended for dogs in general (except our Liquid Probiotics for Dogs!), it is important to keep any product containing xylitol out of reach of dogs. 

Consuming xylitol can cause hypoglycemia in dogs, which can occur within 10 to 60 minutes of eating the xylitol and be life-threatening. To learn more about xylitol and its effect on dogs, you can read more information from the FDA

If you suspect that your dog has eaten a xylitol-containing product, please contact your veterinarian or Pet Poison Helpline, a 24/7 animal poison control center, at 1-800-213-6680 immediately. If your dog has consumed a MaryRuth's xylitol-containing product, please let us know what product was consumed, so we can provide additional details on xylitol content.